Friday, November 24, 2017

Want Faster Loading Times for my new Gaming System, (...but Write Problems)

What I would like to do to my C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Electronic Arts game folder which is currently on Drive C:\ is to make sure that I can put that on a different lettered HDD drive so that I don't end up writing onto the SSD drive EVERY SINGLE TIME that I end up that folder and the only way that I can see doing that is to address my C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Electronic Artsto an actual HDD drive with a different letter, but I don't know if it's even possible when you install the game, because the C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Electronic Arts folder is the one that is constantly written to because of the fact that I use mods.

This is my game folder on C:\ That is the ONLY folder I want on the C:\ (which will be my SSD boot drive).

This is the folder that I use to put my mods folder and manipulate my game files (saved games, videos, screenshots, etc) - This is the folder that is constantly being written to - not good for an SSD. I want it elsewhere other than on my SSD, preferably a HDD drive (D:\)

As you can see, I have my mods folder in this folder as well as utilizing my Downloads folder for my Sims 3 packs - which means, I write to this folder - again...not good for the lifespan of my SSD that I plan to get for my gaming PC Build.

...and they say that writing to a SSD multiple times is bad for the life-cycle of an SSD. So how do I prevent wearing out my SSD, when everytime I write to my C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Electronic Arts folder I end up killing off the life-cycle of that SSD? HDDs ran the risk of physical failure due to moving parts. SSDs evidently have the problem with write cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment