Friday, June 29, 2018

Bunker Build 2 (Part 3)

I have a Stryker and a HMMWV (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) "Humvee" guarding the bunker outside...The Stryker and HMMWV will be moved inside before the "bombs" fall.

I started off with 1 AH-64D Longbow Apache, 1 MV-22 Osprey and three M1A1 Abrams Tanks on the roof,

They looked pretty good there...I thought to myself "Oh...looks pretty darned good if I say so myself...

...then realized that "Well...shit...I can't get the tanks off the roof." So...well, I put the tanks in "test" sims' household inventory and shoved them in the motor-pool.

So ultimately I ended up with three AH-64Ds and two MV-22s on the roof.

So this is the lowest part of the bunker (which I still haven't finished off yet...but am going to try to do over the next few days - when I'm not busy with RL things) which is the airlocked clean area of the bunker...the place where all the sims go when the air-raid sirens start going off. It has a positive-pressure section (humor me...I know we don't have all that in the sims...but...hey...) where the sims can stay until they make sure that the upper area has retained its structural integrity. The airlocks provide decontamination showers, and UV-lighting to kill off any bugs or germs and the corridor leading from the main entrance also has intense UV lighting and a shower at the entrance.

I put some SAM (Surface to Air Missiles) launchers on the roof and on top of the Elevator structure and added a set of stairs leading up to the SAM site. And there's a look on the roof at human eye level...roughly.

Had my test-sim walk around on the roof to check out routing.

Before I put the armored vehicles in...you could see a clear space to the door leading to the entry corridor, and there's also another door for the armory also located in the motor-pool.

Of course the sims have to have recreation even in the midst of a war...so well...

Marcel took a wander around the roof and enjoyed looking at all the military stuff including inspecting the attack helicopter.

So...that's what I've done so far with the build.

No comments:

Post a Comment