Sunday, July 17, 2022

Rounding a bit over the half year 2022 mark; a little over five years after starting this blog and I’ve been doing a bit of thinking:

My blog has pretty much consisted of “fluff”. Pictures, nothing really pertaining to what’s going on around the Sims scene and generally what one might not consider unique content.

So there is going to be a bit of a focus shift and moving away from the “just toss up a picture and call it a day” kind of posts that are a big part of what I used to toss up here. I’m going to try to lean towards unique, informative content to try and he helpful, maybe funny and all in all take a deeper dive into the Sims, Cities Skylines, FSX, and SWTOR and relate my experiences with the games, trying to actually put some forethought into my content before posting it up.

A part of this revamping will be getting rid of “fluff” posts (spring cleaning) and shoving non-informative posts out to pasture. If I plan to make this blog what I want it to be: a gamer’s blog, I’m going to have to step up the informational content a lot more which means until I get the hang of this new focus, my posts ain’t gonna be coming fast and furious. Right now this blog is going to be in a holding pattern while I prep the new content so that I can hit the ground running (and hopefully not trip over my feet) when I get the bew computer.

Likewise, I’m gonna have to map out a roadmap of how I’m going to focus on gaming content and on photography content - and try to figure out how to organize it so it doesn’t get confusing, learn how to tag my posts so that things are able to be found and make my user interface on my blog a bit more interactively friendly since right now it’s a godawful mess.

…and frankly it’s a wonder anyone can find anything here.

No comments:

Post a Comment